Mercedes-Benz advanced driver-assist safety technologies
What are Mercedes-Benz Driving Assistance Systems? Watch the video below to learn about five of our favorite advanced safety technologies available on Mercedes-Benz vehicles. You can find models with these features here at Mercedes-Benz of Arrowhead in Peoria, AZ.
In this video, you can see five of the most common driver-assist safety features on Mercedes-Benz vehicles. The vehicle will walk you through what each feature does along with where it can be used. Below, we’ve transcribed the names of each feature along with their main function.
List of Mercedes-Benz Driving Assistance Systems
Here, we’ll recap the active driver-assist safety technologies that you can see in the video above. Each of these is available on many Mercedes-Benz vehicles. After watching the video, read our list to review your safety system options and how they can help you stay safe on the road.
- Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC: Maintains a preset distance to vehicles ahead of yours by braking and accelerating automatically. Similar to cruise control with the added functionality of adjusting to the traffic ahead of your vehicle.
- Active Steering Assist: Helps the driver to follow the driving lane lines and stay centered in a lane on the highway.
- Active Lane Change Assist: Assists the driver on motorways to safely change lanes.
- Active Emergency Stop Assist: Brakes the vehicle to a standstill if the driver no longer responds to the traffic situation.
- Active Blind Spot Assist and vehicle exit warning function: Monitors the vehicle’s blind spot. Can warn the driver of potential collisions and can intervene. The vehicle exit warning function can warn you of passing vehicles or bicyclists.