No one truly wants to be stuck on the side of the road. Knowing how to change a tire can make a huge difference. Here’s how you can change the tire on your Mercedes-Benz SUV.
Step-by-step DIY tire replacement
- Once you’ve pulled over, apply the parking brake to ensure your car won’t move
- Inside your car should be a spare tire and a tire jack. Pull those out and place them next to the tire that you need to replace
- Put the tire jack underneath the car, ensuring it’s contacting the metal of the frame and not the plastic part of the body
- Use the jack to take pressure off the wheel, but don’t raise the car so far that it is completely off the ground
- Turn the nuts on the hubcap counterclockwise to loosen them. You’ll need a wrench to do this.
- Use the wheel jack to get the tire completely off the ground
- Remove the lug nuts and hubcap entirely
- Remove wheel
- Line up the old wheel with the wheel bolts, then place the lug nuts and tighten them by hand
- Lower the car until the new wheel is touching the ground, and tighten the lug nuts again
- Allow the new wheel to rest completely on the ground and remove the wheel jack
- Tighten lug nuts as much as possible and replace the hubcap
- Place old wheel back in the trunk space along with the wheel jack. Now, it is safe to drive to the mechanic.
Vehicle service & maintenance in Peoria, AZ
Whether you have a flat tire or if your vehicle needs different care such as oil changes or engine repairs, you can trust the team here at Mercedes-Benz of Arrowhead to get the job done. Our quality team has years of experience, and we service all makes and models, so even if you don’t drive a Mercedes-Benz, you can still use our trusted team to get the job done.