Connecting Your Google Pixel to Your Mercedes-Benz Vehicle
Here at Mercedes-Benz of Scottsdale-Arrowhead in Peoria, AZ, we like to make sure that your experience with your Mercedes-Benz is comfortable. But if you can’t connect your phone to your vehicle and access your favorite music, podcast, audiobooks, and like, then you’re not very comfortable! Let us remedy that.
Here’s how to connect a Google Pixel to your Mercedes-Benz vehicle.
Connecting Your Google Pixel
Like any other smartphone, you can connect your Google Pixel smartphone to your Mercedes-Benz either via Bluetooth or the USB-C cable that came with your phone. For clarification, Google Pixel phones can use either the Mercedes-Benz proprietary MBUX infotainment system or Android Auto to connect to your Mercedes-Benz vehicle. Connecting to both is straightforward.
Connecting to MBUX
- Turn on Bluetooth on your Google Pixel.
- In your vehicle, navigate to the Phone option in MBUX and select it.
- Press Connect New Device.
- Select your phone when it appears*.
- On your Google Pixel, accept the prompt to pair with your vehicle.
- Another prompt will appear on your Google Pixel for messaging via MBUX; accept it.
And your Google Pixel is connected to MBUX!
*If you don’t see your phone, make sure the Bluetooth options on both your phone and Mercedes-Benz vehicle are turned on.
Connecting Android Auto
- After you have downloaded the Android Auto app, connect your phone to your Mercedes-Benz vehicle via the Data USB port.
- In your vehicle, navigate to the Connect option and select it.
- Select the Android Auto.
- Wait a few seconds and accept any prompts that pop up on your Google Pixel phone.
And your Google Pixel is connected to Android Auto!
Save on Scheduled Service
Whether you’ve got Service A, B, or C coming up, you can save money on that service at Mercedes-Benz of Scottsdale-Arrowhead. Click here to see our Service Specials. And once you’re done seeing how much you’ll save, don’t forget to schedule an appointment!